Repair a Smile That Is Missing Teeth With Restorative Dentistry
Replacing missing teeth as soon as they occur is incredibly important for maintaining the function, appearance, and health of the smile. Montefiore Medical Center is pleased to offer a wide selection of tooth replacement options for new and current patients. When choosing the restoration right for your smile, our team can walk you through all your choices and help you make an educated decision for your unique needs and dental situation.
What solutions are available for replacing missing teeth?
The team at Montefiore Medical Center provides the following restorative solutions:
- Partial dentures. A partial denture is best described as a removable, custom appliance that replaces one or more missing teeth. It uses a metal framework and false teeth that snap into place to restore the smile.
- Full dentures. Full dentures replace all of the teeth in the dental arch and use an appliance that includes both false teeth and false gums. They are made of acrylic and customized for the patient to ensure they look completely natural.
- Implant-retained dentures. Implant-retained dentures, sometimes called overdentures, all-on-4's, or implant-supported dentures, are used to replace all of the teeth and utilize dental implants as foundational support. They offer the best function when compared to other replacement treatment options available.
- Dental bridges. A bridge consists of one or more pontics, or artificial teeth, which are held in place by dental crowns on either side of the new gap created by the missing teeth.
- Dental implants. Dental implants involve surgically placing a small titanium metal post into the jawbone, onto which an artificial tooth (or multiple teeth) can be attached. Implants provide a permanent and stable solution for replacing missing teeth.
Each patient's specific needs and desires will determine which solution is best for them, as there is no "one size fits all" solution for missing teeth.
Educate yourself further on the benefits of restorative dentistry
If you are missing one or several teeth, it is vital that you take action to restore the smile's function and health. Contact Montefiore Medical Center today at 888-700-6623 to schedule an appointment at any of our many convenient locations throughout the area. We are here to help with restorative dental solutions to repair the smile and improve your appearance and oral health.