What is prosthodontics?
At Montefiore Medical Center, we are committed to ensuring patients have access to the solutions they need for a beautiful, healthy smile that functions at its best. When patients are in need of restorative care, they may need prosthetics. Prosthetics are appliances used to replace missing teeth. To obtain the best possible care and attention, patients will want to visit with a prosthodontist, who has the training and expertise to replace teeth in the mouth.
When might you need the care of a prosthodontist?
A prosthodontist is a dental professional who has specialization above and beyond the training and education of a standard dentist. They offer a range of services when it comes to repairing the smile, and a prosthodontist may be able to help you when you:
• Have a cosmetic concern that needs a personalized treatment plan
• Are missing one or more teeth from the smile
• Have considered long-term replacement options for the smile including dental implants
• Want to restore teeth that have been worn or damaged
• Have extensive, complex dental needs in restoration and rehabilitation
• Are interested in getting rid of partial or full dentures and are seeking more long-term replacements
• Need to develop a comprehensive smile rehabilitation plan with a long-term approach
Services provided by a prosthodontist
In most cases, prosthodontists focus on the replacement of missing teeth with denture, bridges, or dental implants. They can assess patients who have experienced tooth loss and make a recommendation regarding the best solution for their unique situation. At Montefiore Medical Center, we provide evaluations for new patients and speak to them about the desires they have for their smile. Using this information, our prosthodontists can make educated recommendations for patients and schedule them for the necessary treatments. Our team wants patients to have smiles they are proud to share with others and that improve their overall self-confidence and oral health.
Learn more about the services provided by a prosthodontist
If you are interested in restoring your smile with the help of a prosthodontist, we welcome you to visit Montefiore Medical Center. Call our office at (888) 700-6623 to schedule a consultation at any of our 11 conveniently locations and get started improving and repairing your smile!