What are the best replacement options for lost or extracted teeth?
Patients who live with one or more missing teeth will find that it affects every aspect of their daily life, both in their ability to speak and eat properly, and their confidence in their smile. The dentist of Montefiore Medical Center are here to help patients in choosing tooth replacement options that provide them with the restoration they need to look better and improve their oral health. One of the most popular and highly recommended solutions for patients is that of the dental implant.
What is a dental implant?
Our providers describe a dental implant as a dental restoration that replaces the root of a tooth and provides the proper foundation for a restorative solution, whether it be a crown, bridge, or denture. Dental implants are made of titanium, a metal that is biocompatible with the body, and can act as an anchor for a different restoration over the top of the implant, or the “abutment.” Dental implants use the natural jaw bone as support for stability, deriving the proper foundation from the jaw as a natural tooth does. This implant looks like a small post but can restore the function and appearance of the smile effectively.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Dental implants are chosen by many of the patients who visit Montefiore Medical Center because:
• Implants provide a strong, sturdy foundation for a variety of restorative options
• Implants can replace one, several, or all the teeth in a dental arch
• Implants are biocompatible with the body and are not rejected by the bone
• Implants maintain natural bone of the jaw through a process called osseointegration
• Implants eliminate the sunken-in appearance of the chin and jaw due to bone loss with traditional dentures
• Implants are a smart investment in the smile, lasting a lifetime for those who care properly for their smile
Request time to speak to our providers at Montefiore Medical Center
Our professionals are here to help patients find solutions for their smiles, and encourages new individuals to book a consultation appointment with our team by calling (888) 700-6623. We are committed to assisting patients in finding the best tooth replacement option for their budget and lifestyle!