Adult: Problems Following Dental Care
- Some swelling after surgery is normal. The worst swelling is usually 48 hours after surgery. However, if you have swelling that interferes with breathing, you have a fever, and/or you have a bad taste in your mouth go to the hospital emergency room.
- If you have bleeding after surgery, apply pressure with a small clean cloth or a clean piece of gauze.
- Alternately, remove the staple from a tea bag, moisten the bag and bite down on it for 15 minutes.
- If bleeding does not stop after 15 minutes, go to the hospital emergency room.
- For other problems, call the clinic where you received the dental care
Call (888) -700-6623 to schedule a consultation and learn more.