Adult: Knocked Out Tooth
- Find the tooth. Handle the tooth by the top (crown), not the root portion.
- You may rinse the tooth but DO NOT clean or handle the tooth unnecessarily.
- Try to reinsert the tooth in its socket.
- Hold the tooth in place by biting on a piece of clean gauze or a small piece of clean cloth.
- If you cannot reinsert the tooth, transport the tooth in a cup containing milk or one cup of water with a teaspoon of salt.
- See a dentist immediately. Time is a critical factor in saving the tooth. Monday through Friday, go to the Schiff or Blondell Dental Clinic.
- Evenings and weekends call the hospital operator to speak with the dentist on call and go to the hospital emergency room immediately.
Call (888) -700-6623 to schedule a consultation and learn more.