Gary S. Rogoff, D.D.S., M.S.
~ Chief of Prosthodontics and Director of the Prosthodontic Residency Program
Dr. Gary S. Rogoff is Chief of Prosthodontics and Director of the Prosthodontic Residency Program at Montefiore. He is a native New Yorker, and received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree (DDS) from New York University College of Dentistry in 1971. He received his Certificate of Advanced Training in Prosthodontics from the Eastman Dental Center in Rochester, NY, in 1974, and his Master of Science degree (MS) in Basic Medical Sciences from the University of Rochester Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry in 1980. His first university academic appointment, in 1974, was to the faculty of The University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry. In 1978 he moved to Boston and continued his teaching career with academic appointments at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, the Forsyth Dental Institute, and the Harvard School of Dental Medicine. He has also maintained a private practice limited to prosthodontics, part-time, throughout this entire period. In July of 2007, Dr. Rogoff returned to New York City to join the Department of Dentistry at the Montefiore Medical Center.
- Diplomate, American Board of Prosthodontics
Professional Society Memberships
General Dental Organizations:
- American Dental Association
- Massachusetts Dental Society
- Metropolitan District Dental Society, Boston, MA
- American Academy of Dental Science
Honorary Dental Organizations:
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon
- American College of Dentists
Prosthodontic Dental Organizations:
- Fellow, American College of Prosthodontists
- American College of Prosthodontists, Massachusetts Section
- American College of Prosthodontists, New York Section
- Eastman Prosthodontic Alumni Association
- Fellow, Academy of Prosthodontics
- Fellow, Greater New York Academy of Prosthodontics
- Academy of Osseointegration
Awards, Honors and Elected Offices
Dr. Rogoff has received numerous academic and professional awards. He is a recipient of the Bausch and Lomb Science Award from the University of Rochester, and a New York State Regents Fellowship in Dentistry at New York University. He was presented with the New York University Founders Day Award for Outstanding Scholarship and the New York University Club Award. He has also received the International College of Dentists Award for Outstanding Achievement, and the American Academy of Oral Medicine Award at New York University. Dr. Rogoff has been voted the Most Outstanding Presentation at the Postgraduate Course in Prosthodontics given by the U.S. Army Institute of Dental Research at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center, and he has been presented with a Scientific Investigation Award by the Greater New York Academy of Prosthodontics. Dr. Rogoff has served the Dental Profession as President of the New England Section of the American College of Prosthodontists, President of the Academy of Prosthodontics, President of the Academy of Prosthodontics Foundation, and President of the Greater New York Academy of Prosthodontics.
Presentations & Publications
Dr. Rogoff has presented more than 150 invited lectures and continuing education courses in Prosthodontics nationally and internationally, in over 40 states and 5 countries. His publications include original articles, review articles, videotapes, book chapters and a text book.
- Rogoff, G.S.; The Relationship of Endogenous Plasma Estrogens to the Maturation of Human Female Buccal Epithelium; Thesis, Master of Science, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY; 1980.
- Rogoff, G.S.; The Relationship of Endogenous Plasma Estrogens to the Maturation of Human Female Buccal Epithelium; Abstract, Momentum; Eastman Dental Center; 4:4:3, 1980.
- Rogoff, G.S.; The Estrogen Effect and the Human Buccal Mucosa; Abstract, Dental Outlook, Tufts University; 80:1:13, 1980.
- Rogoff, G.S.; Role of Dietary Calcium and Vitamin D in Alveolar Bone Health; Abstract, Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology; Chicago, IL; April, 1983.
- Rogoff, G.S. and Galburt, R.B.; Calcium and Oral Health; Abstract, American Association for the Advancement of Science; New York, NY; May 1984.
- Rogoff, G.S., Galburt, R.B. and Nizel, A.E.; Role of Calcium and Vitamin D in Alveolar Bone Health; In: Calcium in Biological Systems; Plenum Publishing Co., New York, NY; 1985.
- Rogoff, G.S., and Shulman, L.B.; Implants and Implant Prosthetics: The Partially Edentulous Patient; Videotape, DENTSAT 1:3; CME-SAT Inc., Sarasota, FL; 1985.
- Shulman, L.B. and Rogoff, G.S.; Implants and Implant Prosthetics: The Completely Edentulous Patient; Videotape, DENTSAT 1:4; CME-SAT Inc., Sarasota, FL; 1985.
- Shulman, L.B., Rogoff, G.S., Savitt, E.D. and Kent, R.L.; Evaluation in Reconstructive Implantology; Dent. Clin. North Amer., 30:2:327; 1986.
- Shulman, L.B., and Rogoff, G.S.; Branemark Implant Reconstruction—Independent Fixed-Detachable Prostheses; Alpha Omegan, 80:3:45--51; 1987.
- Shulman, L.B. and Rogoff, G.S.; Dental Implantology; In: Peterson, L.J. et al, Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, C.V. Mosby Co., St. Louis; 1988.
- Halperin, A.R., Graser, G.N., Rogoff, G.S. and Plekavich, E. J.; Mastering the Art of Complete Dentures ; Textbook, Quintessence Publishing Co., Chicago, IL; 1989.
- Graser, G.N. and Rogoff, G.S.; Verification of Centric Relation; Compendium of Contin. Ed. Dent. 10: 2: 64-72, 1989.
- Rogoff, G.S. and Graser, G.N.; Overdentures for Acquired and Congenital Anomalies; Part I: Complete Dentures; Int. J. Pros., 3:3: 229-237, 1990.
- Graser, G. N. and Rogoff, G. S .; Overdentures for Acquired and Congenital Anomalies; Part II: Partial Overdentures ; Int. J . Pros., 3: 4: 361-367, 1990.
- Graser, G.N. and Rogoff, G.S.; Removable Partial Overdentures for the Special Patient; Dent. Clin. N. Amer.; 34:4: 741-758, 1990.
- Rogoff, G. S.; Facts About Implants ; Abstract in : Rogoff, G. S., Morgano, S., Vergo, T. and Lloyd, P.; The Dental Specialty of Prosthodontics: Services and Expertise in High Demand By the Elderly; Gerontological Society of America; The Gerontologist; 30: A: 292, 1930.
- Rogoff, G.S .; CeraOne Single-Tooth Replacement ; Illustrated interview in: Dental Implantology Update ; Ed. Perel , M. L.; 2: 5: 42 ; American Health Consultants, Atlanta, GA; 1991.
- Rogoff, G.S.; Osseointegrated Implant Prosthodontics; In: Current Opinion in Dentistry, Prosthodontics and Endodontics; Current Science; 2: 17-24, 1992.
- Wolfinger, G.J., Rogoff, G.S., Harrison, J.A. and Callum, J.O.; Prosthodontic Management of a Combination Transosteal/Endosteal Implant Reconstruction; J. Prosth. 5:2:76-83, 1996.