FAQ About Dental Residencies at Montefiore
- Click Here to see House Staff Stipends
Montefiore has some housing for residents. Requests for housing are prioritized based on the distance the resident is from his or her permanent address and on the date applications are received. You should contact the House Staff office as soon as you are selected for a residency at Montefiore. The phone number is 718-920-2341.
Residents receive meal tickets each month. Residents can use the tickets in the hospital cafeteria.
On Call Accommodations
Rooms for on call residents are available at all hospitals served by our residents.
- Healthcare is provided for residents. Details about the available plans are available from the House Staff Office at 718-920-2341.
- Healthcare is available for family members and significant others. Details are available from the House Staff Office.
Residents have the following options:
- One lump sum payment
- Two payments, one in July and one in January
- Biweekly payments deducted from your stipend
Parking & Transportation
Parking is extremely limited around Montefiore, the dental clinics and the other hospitals served by our residents.
With the exceptions outlined below, the department does not provide or pay for transportation. Residents not living in Montefiore housing are strongly advised to use public transportation.
Residents living in Montefiore housing may pay extra for a parking space. Rent and parking are deducted from the bi-weekly stipend.
General practice residents receive taxi vouchers when they are on call and need to shuttle between emergency departments at Montefiore, Weiler Hospital and Our Lady of Mercy Hospital.
- Montefiore provides shuttle service between Montefiore, the Prospect Avenue and Blondell Clinics
- Otherwise, the program does not pay for parking or transportation.
Oral and maxillofacial surgery residents must have a car regardless of where they live. Public transportation is not a viable option for Jersey City Medical Center rotations and call.
- The program does not pay for parking at any clinic or hospital.
Orthodontic residents receive parking as part of their tuition.
- However, parking is extremely limited so use of public transportation is advised.
Residents are allowed 20 days of vacation. The days may not be carried over from one year to the next. The chief resident and the program director are responsible for scheduling vacations.
Residents are allowed 12 sick days per year.