Child or Adolescent: Cold Sores / Canker Sores
- Many children suffer from cold, canker or herpetic sores.
- Over-the-counter preparations give some relief.
- Because some serious diseases may begin as sores, it is important to have a dental evaluation if these sores persist.
- Some sores can be contagious. It is important for the child to avoid sharing cups, utensils or toothbrushes with others.
- If the child has a fever, give the child plenty of fluids and take him/her to the Pediatric Dental Clinic the next morning.