- During clinic hours, go to the Schiff or Blondell Dental Clinic as soon as possible.
- After Hours, follow the instructions below:
- Clean the area around the sore tooth thoroughly. Rinse the mouth vigorously with warm saltwater to dislodge trapped food or debris.
- DO NOT place aspirin or Anbesol on the gum or on the aching tooth. If face is swollen, apply a cold compress.
- Take 800 mg Ibuprofen for pain (If you are allergic to Ibuprofen, take Tylenol).
- Go to the Schiff or Blondell Dental Clinic the next morning. DO NOT eat or drink anything after midnight. Have someone come with you to the clinic to drive/escort you home.
- If you have a fever, swelling that interferes with breathing and/or a bad taste in the mouth, immediate dental attention is necessary.
- Monday through Friday go to the Schiff or Blondell Dental Clinic.
- Evenings and weekends go to the hospital emergency room immediately.